10.18.2012

Exhibition at Rococo gallery






OUTER SKIN

My partner’s work made me question what fashion means to me. How do I make choices and create my style? What do clothes really mean to me? Does fashion only apply to clothes?
People leave, but their material possessions remain timeless. I look around my grandparents’ house and I find possessions unique to them. Among these, remain my memories of their spirit and time. They remind me of shed skin.
This project exhibits photographs that i have created, experimenting with light, textures and possessions  to recreate  two people through their left behinds; from clothing to hobbies to accessories. I go back to my grandparents' house for a mental walk and try to remember how things are still placed. Some more used than others, some arranged and some showcased.




No comments:

Post a Comment