8.13.2012

Feedback and Learning from the Exhibition

This was our first exhibition, and like every first time, it came packed with lessons. My project was well received by the viewers and they found it easy to interact with my installations. Some felt that i had succeeded in recreating the simple joy and awe of childhood, when there was ample time to try and make a kite and play with fish in water by moving a stick around in water. They also felt that i was able to bring out the importance of a past and present in a relationship and how they shape one.

  However, some felt that my two installations were distributed and far apart ( in terms of physical location). I felt this too, as i had been  dealing with the challenge of linking the two projects in a manner that would guide the viewer to either sides of the project. I had put up an element of my project- a kite, as a guiding line that connected the two installations, but i feel like i could have figured a stronger connection out. I thus realized, that details within the presentation of a finished project need some thinking and time as this is what minimizes confusions for the viewer, making the whole experience easier to take in. i learnt to look at my work from the viewers' point of view, and made a note of the things that would need attention in the next exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment