8.13.2012

Object and reflection.



The next step to this assignment was to add an object and a reflection to support your narration. I chose the 'kite' as my object as it was a common part of our childhood, and also in the illustrations telling of it. I decided to make an installation with my chosen object rather than display it.
I thought of making a memory sca
pe with kites. I designed an interactive installation where the viewers would come and make their own kites with the help of simple manuals and ready-to -use material availed to them. The viewers would think of a memory
and personalize their kites accordingly before letting it hang along with all the many such memory kites. Together, they would make a memory scape of memories afloat.
For the physical reflection, I decided to show the girl in my narratives looking into water and her reflection. the medium i chose was the OHB projector, which would project water itself on my exhibit wall. I experimented a fair amount with this medium built on my idea by even showing what the girl looks at underwater. I made detailed cut outs of fish and let them float in the water, and at the same time let colored inks diffuse in the water giving interesting effects. The viewers would be provided with inks, straws and sticks to blow bubbles, move the fish and create waterlike effects. This experience of playing with the excitin
g mediums, would bring them close to my first experience with fish and water. The newness that i felt then, would hopefully be felt by the viewers now.

No comments:

Post a Comment