8.13.2012

Shared memories.




The first assignment we had, was to tell of a memory through sound and image.
I chose to work on the rare time my father and I get to spend while fishing and kite flying, as it is the most special time we get with each other. I went back to my father's first experience with fishing to bring out his keen interest for it.
For the images, I made illustrations to narrate his story. Later i added soundscapes as to bring the illustrations to life.

Larter, I added to it my first experience with fishing. I remember being scared and getting rid of his catch in order to let the fish live. In the following years I remember putting in effort to try and like fishing, as it was the only way to spend the long sunday afternoons with him.

Finally, i added an illustration 0f us fishing in today's time to conclude the narrative. i liked how his past, my past and our present all came together through this narrative. thats really what i wanted to bring out- we share our pasts through our present.


No comments:

Post a Comment